Start your own Delete Day

    Hi Blog, I hope your deleting efforts have, or are, going well. I have mostly eradicated social media from my life as of December, 2025. I wanted to update you on my progress and future goals. In summary, I deleted all the major data harvesting apps, and it felt extremely empowering and I have no regrets. You'll find me occasionally scroll Instagram on my secondary account via my work computer to see news, but other than that I have had no impulse to redownload or reinstate any of my accounts. I think my Snapchat and Instagram have both been permanently deleted, but I retain the copy of all my memories and photos in my google drive. In the far future I want to completely de-google my life because I am still grappling with a YouTube addiction that I have had since I was a young teen. YouTube is unfortunately super helpful for the millions of new hobbies I have adopted since deleting the doom-scrolling apps. These hobbies include but are not limited to: HTML coding, Sims, crochet, sewing, reading, running, Pilates, trip-planning, and python coding. 

In the near future, I have started organizing a Delete Day for my town. If you want to read about a successful event click here. This event inspired me to create materials for individuals who want to start their own local meetups and collectively refuse the status-quo. I have made flyers that you can edit with your event's specific details. Be sure to let your local park organization know if you are having large events. I don't expect mine to start off with much traction, so I am just going to set up some picnic blankets, a table, and a banner. Also, feel free to print out the brochure, which explains how to delete the big 3 evil apps: Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok.

Flyer Options & Inspiration


Brochure (save to computer for legibility)










Comments